Sekisui House statement on Covid-19
Date: 18 March 2020
At Sekisui House, our priority is always the health and safety of our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. As COVID-19 continues to spread throughout the world, our thoughts go out to anyone who has been impacted.
We are following the advice of the Australian Government and World Health Organisation, and their recommendations for reducing the spread of the virus.
We would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the precautionary measures we’ve undertaken to ensure that our customers, visitors and staff members are safe. These include:
– Where staff members are working on-site, in our offices, or sales displays, we are maintaining safe environments by splitting staff and encouraging greater social distancing.
– We have also increased the level of cleaning in all our offices and sales displays, and stressed the importance of basic personal hygiene to all staff members.
– We have provided access to hand sanitisers at convenient locations across all our offices and sales displays.
– We have reviewed our planned community and resident events and have cancelled or postponed large events. We are monitoring planned smaller events, gatherings and activations on a case by case basis, in accordance with Australian Government recommendations.
– We have ensured that any staff member who is, or may be infected with COVID-19, or has caring responsibilities for an infected person, is provided with leave to ensure they are able to focus on the health and wellbeing of themselves and their loved ones.
– We are asking any staff members displaying flu-like symptoms to refrain from coming into work and immediately seek medical attention in line with Australian Government guidelines.
Our offices, sales displays and construction sites remain open and operational as we continue to monitor and act upon the advice of government and relevant health authorities.